In collaboration with Toni Solanas Architectural Office, we are working on a new model of housing development that intends to be a prototype of bio-construction home following efficiency, ecology and community principles.
It consists of a common piece of land with 6 one-family semi-detached houses with community spaces and services such as solar panels (PV and thermal), natural swimming pool, organic vegetable garden, storage and parking (cars and bicycles).
- Eco-URBI is the construction of 6 on family houses following bio-construction principles
- Planning and building are designed and follow sustainability, efficiency, health, environmental friendliness and social unity. The houses will be built with natural materials, natural cross ventilation and facing south.
Each house contains:
- 120m2 + 35 m2 (storage and common spaces, such as laundry)
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Private garden, aprox. 60 m2
- 2 terraces, 5m2 and 10m2
Common spaces for the 6 houses are:
- 3000 m2 garden
- 12 m2 natural swimming pool (plus bio-filtration plant area)
See examples at http://ecolab.cannova.net/es/r-piscinas-naturales
- 50 m2 social area (for children or social activities)
- Roof for car or bicycle parking
- Thermal solar panels
- A green roof will work as top thermal isolation
- A geo-biology – Feng Shui will be performed for the project
- The plot where we are planning to build is in Vacarisses, at Torreblanca II suburb. Vacarisses is half an hour by car from Barcelona. There is train stop, between Terrasa and Manresa at 15 min. walk from the building spot. Vacarisses in situated between Sant Llorenç de Munt Natural Park and Montserrat Natural Park
Vacarisses web: www.vacarisses.cat
- Interior design, finishing details and common spaces arrangement will be open to the families / individuals opinions and background.
- Estimated execution time is about 2 years, considering the time to gather interested families / individuals, planning, licenses and permits and construction.
Click HERE to download project plans.