CanNova guides companies that value the quality of their offices taking care of their employees with a healthy and inspiring atmosphere, an energy efficiency program and good water management, with an collective effort to reduce waste, with a responsible policy towards suppliers, office material and transportation, and with an interest in collaborate and communicate good practices in the office with suppliers and clients.
HERE YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST 10 STEPS TO IMPROVE YOUR OFFICE:
1) Paper use.
- Print double sided.
- Use e-mail more.
- Reuse the back side for sketches and notes.
- Normalize paper size for all the company.
2) Buy green office material.
- Reduce material consumption.
- Buy pens, clips, liquid paper, marker pens, etc. from recycled materials or, at least, recyclable.
3) Turn to green consumption.
- Choose ecological and fair-trade teas and coffees.
- Avoid unhealthy and environmentally unfriendly snacks.
- Support local businesses.
- Choose filtered water over bottled water.
4) Cleaning products choice.
- Find out the cleaning products that are used in your office.
- Some cleaning products can cause headaches after long hours in the office
- Choose eco-labeled and environmentally friendly cleaning products
5) Recycled furniture and materials.
- Find office furniture made of recycled materials, FSC wood, non-toxic fabrics, etc.
6) Rethinking lightning and energy consumption.
- Change conventional bulbs for energy saving compact fluorescent and LED lamps.
- Rethink lighting points for more efficiency and comfort.
- Make a good use of the thermostat, avoid heat and cold leakages, and switch off completely your appliances at the end of the day.
7) Energy saving computers and appliances.
- Buy energy saving and certified Energy Star equipments, that can also be recycled at the end of their life cycle.
8) Rational use of materials and energy when printing.
- Choose laser printer, that generate less waste.
- Buy recycled material made and non-toxic ink cartridges and recycle them after use, or even better choose new systems without cartridges.
9) Recycle and minimize waste.
- Make a good waste sorting.
- Recycle all the recyclable.
10) Offer transport alternatives.
- Make use of public transport and bicycle.
- If using the car, promote car pooling.